Pitstop is looking for a Data Scientist / Developer with exceptional ability to interpret and understand data and a passion for algorithms that provide impactful and reliable results. The Data Scientist / Developer will develop, deploy and validate predictive algorithms which analyze a continuous stream of telematics data (IOT) gathered by automotive sensor nets, as well as other related data. We seek creative candidates with a background in engineering, physics, mathematics and experience with contemporary machine learning techniques. The ideal candidate is someone who is focused on creating business value through good design and building the next generation of our predictive vehicle insights. He or she will have strong coding and software architecture skills and a self-driven attitude to fail fast and succeed faster.
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Sales, Marketing, Engineering) to define, design, and ship new features
● In collaboration with others, design, build and validate predictive algorithms for vehicle prognostics
● Perform exploratory analyses and develop procedures for feature extraction in preparation for algorithm analyses
● Participate in software integration work to implement algorithms in production. Work on bug fixing and improving architecture performance
● Write documentation and present the results of work to others on the team
● Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer science or equivalent
● Good knowledge of statistics, experimental design, and probability
● 3+ years of experience in Python, R or similar scripting language
● 1+ years experience shipping high-quality software to enterprise customers
● Experience with SQL (PostgreSQL or similar)
● Understanding and experience with machine learning techniques such as Regression, Naive Bayes, Random Forests, Perceptrons, SVM, Deep Learning
● DevOps experience (Amazon, Google, Docker, Jenkins)
Nice to have's
● Previous startup experience (preferably in an early-stage startup)
● Knowledge of automotive data, automotive physics or experience in the industry
● Experience with version control systems (Git, CVS or SVN)
● Knowledge of other programming languages including node js, C++
● Experience with big data frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop.
Pitstop is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because we believe differences make us stronger, and that our diversity is something to celebrate.